Boater dies of carbon monoxide poisoning on Bear Lake

Jul 1 2013 - 10:48am

Images

Bear Lake, Utah
Bear Lake, Utah

RANDOLPH -- Authorities say a 22-year-old man is dead after of carbon monoxide poisoning while boating at Bear Lake.

Officials with the Rich County Sheriff's Office say they got a 911 call about 7 p.m. Saturday from boaters who thought one of their passengers was suffering from heat stroke.

Sheriff's officials say friends performed CPR on the Salt Lake-area man until the boat arrived at the marina, and emergency responders continued the medical efforts.

Deputies say the man was pronounced dead at the scene at about 8:30 p.m.

The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office ruled the man died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Deputies say the watercraft was an older boat without an outboard engine, and the man had been sitting near the exhaust pipe.

From Around the Web

  +