SMITHFIELD -- The Royals got right back to their winning ways again.
Following a 1-1 tie with Logan on Friday, Roy High's boys soccer team delivered on a 2-0 victory at Sky View on Tuesday afternoon.
"We've played better, but after Logan, we feel good to get the three points," Roy coach Glenn Puckrin said.
Senior Noah Jorgensen scored a goal in each half as the Royals took control and never let the Bobcats get much going.
Alex Vanderkooi and Nicklaus Stecklein each had assists on the goals.
Kaden Brinkerhoff earned the shutout in goal for Roy, which now sits 1 1/2 games ahead of Logan in the Region 5 standings.
* BONNEVILLE 2, LOGAN 1: At Logan, the Lakers' goalkeeper Adan Gomez made a couple of saves late to help Bonneville earn the solid road win. All the scoring came in the first half. Chandler Baddley scored on an assist from Sorie Morah, then teammate Hayden White scored on a rebound to give Bonneville the 2-0 lead.
Just before half, Logan scored to make things interesting.
In the second half, J.T. Wood and Baddley led a strong defense, and Gomez stuffed a breakaway from a Logan attacker to preserve the win.
"I think guys are putting things together," Bonneville coach Mike Hickman said. "We'll try to build some momentum for state."
* FREMONT 6, SYRACUSE 0: At Syracuse, a couple of center backs got the Silver Wolves on a rout of the Titans.
Kacey Taylor and Justin Arrington scored on long runs early on as Fremont built a 4-0 lead and cruised to victory. Levi Tams, Jordan Preator, Hunter Behm and Stone Lambert also had goals, while Jordan Preator and Parker PReato had assist on the day.
Braden Nielsen earned the shutout in goal for Fremont, while coach Fred Smith credited Parker Preator's strong effort on the defensive side of the ball with the key to the easy win.
* NORTHRIDGE 3, WEBER 0: At Pleasant View, Robert Crawford scored first, then Christian Hall and Stevie Cannivina took turns assisting each other on goals as the Knights bounced back.
Zach Nielson picked up the shutout in goal.
"It was just kind of a big game to get us in a better position for the playoffs," Northridge coach Braden Mitchell said. "Our assistant coach (Jason Winsor) leaves on his mission tomorrow so the kids were saying it was for him. The kids just played with a lot of heart after getting beat 4-0 (against Layton) last week."
* LAYTON 2, DAVIS 1: At Layton, Jordan Steed and Jonnathan Rodriguez scored to give the Lancers the win under the lights.
* WOODS CROSS 5, CLEARFIELD 2: At Clearfield, Ethan Cope notched a hat trick as the Wildcats won on the road.
* OGDEN 5, MORGAN 0: At Morgan, Ogden 5, Morgan 0: At Morgan, Dayton Wright scored twice, Diego Diaz had a goal and an assist, Spencer Smith and Emric Egbert each notched goals and Jordi Castro added two assists as the Tigers cruised to victory.
Goalkeeper Augie Garcia, who had a seven-game shutout streak earlier in the season, earned his third consecutive shutout.
"We've got a lot of seniors," Tigers coach Sterling Castle said of Ogden's dominance. "The guys are just playing well. They're working hard in practice. When it's tournament time, we'll just see what happens."
It's coming soon. The tournament begins Thursday as the Tigers face Judge at 4 p.m. at Mount Ogden Park.
* BEN LOMOND 8, TOOELE 1: At Ogden, Alberto Garciloza scored twice and six other Scots found the net as Ben Lomond stampeded the Buffaloes.